Five Simple Steps To Writing A Great Literary Essay
There are various types of essays that students are required to write in each given term. It can be argumentative, persuasive, informative, descriptive, or narrative essay. This time around however, it is quite different – the paper you are required to write on is literary. In this type of academic work, you are required to tell your target readers about a given theme or a significant idea based on a book you read. This means that for you to make the most of writing this type of paper, you should engage in certain activities that finally build up to the composition of your project.
This article will help you stand up to the requirements of writing this type of essay. To make a success of your literary paper, you should take the following tips and steps into consideration. They are as follows:
- Choose An Interesting Book: For the fact that your writing will be based on your findings from a book read, you should opt for a book you find interesting. As you focus your attention on such book, take the time to understand if there are any lessons to be learnt from the book. Are there any significant ideas you have stumbled on reading the chosen book? How can this idea be presented? The answers you have for these questions will further propel you into composing an awesome essay.
- Compose A Strong Introduction: Your literary paper is not different from any other type of paper when it comes to composition. You should compose the type of introduction that has the power to pull your target readers in instead of turning them off. If necessary, add an intriguing anecdote. Take note that the introduction can be improved on after the body of the work has been written or better still, saved for last.
- Build Up The Body Paragraphs: This is where you tell your target readers that you have actually read the book and have a great idea to share with them through your writing. The evidence you provide should be closely related to the book’s theme. Most importantly, make sure that you don’t leave your readers hanging in the balance. Convince them.
- Choose An Interesting Element For Discussion: You can put your searchlight on a given character in the book. Analyze this character’s traits, from the perfections to the imperfections. Discuss how these traits impact on the theme of the book.
- Write A Resounding Conclusion: This is the opportunity you get to drive the point of your essay home to your target readers. Make sure all the major points of the literary paper are promptly touched on.